Community Engagement & Events Internship
Open date: 5/19/21
GPEC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit funded by the 22-member communities, Maricopa County and the over 190 businesses across Greater Phoenix. This role would work in partnership with the Engagement team to support the 190+ business supporters referred to as investors. This includes investor engagement management, meeting prep, communication tracking, database hygiene, event details and logistics, and other duties as needed.
Engagement Intern Responsibilities
- Supporting investor meetings and communication/information tracking
- Monitoring investor engagement by the GPEC team
- Supporting investor renewals and document management
- Managing the email@example.com email inbox
- Researching company profiles and individual biographies to prepare for meetings
- Maintaining clean investor contact data in Salesforce
- Supporting the execution of investor engagement programs, including pre-event checklist, day-of preparations, and follow up. Virtual events support as needed
- Developing and maintaining a calendar for partner organization event calendars
- Assisting with capturing and analyzing department metrics, as assigned
Desired Candidate Qualifications
Recent graduates or undergraduate juniors and seniors with some previous work or internship experience preferred, but any interested applicant will be considered. Candidates studying any major are encouraged to apply, however, individuals concentrating in nonprofit management, fundraising, marketing, communications, event management or related fields are typically most successful.
Desired qualifications include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extremely strong organizational skills and attention to detail, common sense, ability to tackle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Strong research capabilities and ability to write concise summaries
- Proactive nature, independent problem solving and takes initiative where needs arise
- Discrete with sensitive information
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM is a plus
- Ability to learn new platforms
- Experience with event planning and logistics a plus
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Have special interest in nonprofit fundraising, donor relations, and/or event management
Hourly wage begins at $12.75 per hour and increases after 6 months. We prefer a commitment of 20 hours a week for at least 6 months. This role reports to the Senior Director of Investor Strategy & Engagement.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22-member communities, Maricopa County and more than 170 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology- focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 32 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 895 companies, creating more than 163,000 jobs and $33.4 billion in capital investment. Browse our website or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube to learn more about our organization and mission.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.