Digital Marketing Internship
Open Date: 6/28/2021
Digital Marketing Internship Responsibilities
- Supporting lead generation efforts for the organization
- Reporting and monitoring email send results
- Pitching and creating original content for social media
- Brand monitoring and activity engagement on GPEC social media platforms
- Researching and compiling news stories relevant to GPEC’s mission
- Website asset management and content updates within CMS platform
- Editing existing digital graphics and media within Adobe software
- Coordinating and assisting with day-of-preparations for various events
- Assisting with capturing and analyzing department metrics, as assigned
Desired Candidate Qualifications
Recent graduates or undergraduate juniors and seniors with some previous work or internship experience preferred, but any interested applicants will be considered. Candidates studying any major are encouraged to apply, however, individuals concentrating in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design or related fields are typically most successful. Candidate qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge of mobile-first, user experience-driven, digital content design
- Strong writing skills, knowledge of AP Style
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Understanding of organic and paid media strategies
- Knowledge of social media platforms and associated analytics tools
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to tackle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Have special interest in marketing, communications and/or media relations
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Marketing automation and Google Analytics knowledge is a plus
Due to the nature of this role, representing and marketing the Greater Phoenix region, applicant must be a Greater Phoenix resident to be considered.
GPEC’s long-term work policy includes the flexibility to work in-office and from home with limited additional requirements.
Hourly wage begins at $12.75 per hour and increases after 6 months. We prefer commitment of 20 hours a week for at least 6 months.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 160 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 31 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 850 companies, creating more than 154,000 jobs and $20.4 billion in capital investment. Browse our website or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube to learn more about our organization and mission.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.