Digital Marketing Internship
Open Date: 04/28/2023
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is seeking a Digital Marketing Intern to join our Marketing & Communications team. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in digital marketing and learn about economic development in the Greater Phoenix region.
As a Digital Marketing Intern, you will assist with a variety of tasks related to GPEC’s digital marketing efforts, including data and analytics reporting, content creation and curation, email marketing, SEO optimizations, digital ad copywriting, website management, and event support.
- Assist with website, social media, paid advertising, and email analytic reporting
- Curate news stories relevant to GPEC’s mission for content distribution
- Put together and format newsletters and emails according to brand standards
- Write digital ad copy according to platform specifications
- Manage various assigned website sections and assets
- Coordinate and assist with day-of-preparations for GPEC events
- Perform monthly SEO optimizations
- Collect and maintain marketing data for the organization
Desired Candidate Qualifications
We encourage graduates or undergraduate juniors/seniors studying marketing, communications, public relations, or related fields to apply. While previous work or internship experience is preferred, we consider all interested applicants. Ideal candidate qualifications include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in content creation and curation
- Familiarity with digital marketing and content management platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong writing skills, including knowledge of AP Style, copywriting best practices, and SEO keyword strategies
- A strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- Highly motivated to work collaboratively in a team environment
The hourly wage begins at $14.25 per hour, and the minimum commitment is 20 hours per week for at least six months. This role reports to the Director of Digital Marketing.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 200 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 33 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping 950 companies, creating more than 174,000 jobs and $36 billion in capital investment.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family.
- We lead from the front.
- We are change agents.
- We promote intellectual curiosity.
- We remain on the edge.
- We are agile and adapt to change.
- We are tenacious.
- We are committed to selfless service.
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.