Open Date: 10/29/2021
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is seeking an Events Coordinator to join our Engagement team. The team hosts over 60 meetings and events annually to engage stakeholders and supporters of GPEC’s mission from across industry and sector in Greater Phoenix. The position will report to the Manager of Engagement Strategy & Marketing and will be responsible for the overall project management and event logistics implementations for meetings and events, internal and external communication, content brainstorming and development for various events, and more.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build upon current processes to streamline and systematize project management for all meetings and events, i.e., establish vision, identify audience and internal decision makers, set timelines, etc.
- Coordinate across departments (marketing, research, business development, operations, strategy, executive team) to ensure all necessary components are executed in accordance with agreed upon timeline
- Support GPEC Ambassador program including building digital event page and associated email sends, supporting Ambassador Steering Committee meetings and more
- Oversee logistics for GPEC leadership councils, including the Economic Development Directors Team, Healthcare Leadership Council, International Leadership Council, the Community Building Consortium and GPEC Next
- Support with GPEC signature events including Waste Management Phoenix Open ExecuTour, Annual Event, Holiday Open House, D.C. Executive Mission and more to execute all onsite portions of event, including but not limited to room layouts, audio visual, catering and rooming needs as applicable
- Assure investor data and event attendance information is up-to-date in CRM
- Demonstrate an understanding of GPEC’s strategic initiatives and application of these objectives within the body of work
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partner organizations, stakeholders, and vendors
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits
- 1-2 years of work experience in event planning preferred, and/or experience in business, marketing, fundraising or related field, Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Impeccable project management and organization skills; proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple large projects and facilitate communication and collaboration between internal and external teams
- Comfort working in a dynamic and fast-paced office environment, demonstrating flexibility and agility executing on strategies and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Frequency in communication of progress and results to Engagement team
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, including Word, Excel and especially Outlook
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a similar CRM a plus
- Basic knowledge of Splash (event management) or Marketo (marketing automation) or similar platforms a plus
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Creative thinker and problem solver, willing to take risks and able to problem solve in real-time, recognizing obstacles and proactively suggest workarounds
- Have special interest in nonprofit fundraising, donor relations, and/or event management as well as helping the Greater Phoenix region thrive
Due to the nature of this role, representing and marketing the Greater Phoenix region, applicant must be a Greater Phoenix resident to be considered.
GPEC’s current work policy includes the flexibility to work in-office and from home as the position allows.
Salary range is dependent on experience & offers a full range of benefits. Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and almost 200 private investors to accomplish its mission, and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 32 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 895 companies, creating more than 163,000 jobs and $33.4 billion in capital investment. Browse our website or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube to learn more about our organization and mission.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.