Executive Assistant to the CEO
Open Date: 07/15/2021
Provide high-quality, timely and value-added administrative support by assisting the President & CEO in accomplishing the goals set forth by our Board of Directors. This role will report to the Chief of Staff and will work closely together to execute key priorities established by the CEO.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to the President and CEO by:
- Composing and responding to correspondence, reports and documents of a routine or
- Managing and maintaining President and CEO’s schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Answering and managing incoming calls.
- Receiving and interacting with incoming visitors.
- Streamlining internal/external communications to ensure timely and accurate response.
- Facilitating and prioritizing day-to-day requests and other critical action items.
- Completing monthly expense reports in a timely manner.
Serve as primary liaison for Board and Executive Committee meetings by:
- Scheduling meetings and notifying Board members to maximize participation.
- Preparing agendas and coordinating required handouts with GPEC staff; preparing and distributing pre-reads one week before the meeting date.
- Compiling handouts, preparing packets, and coordinating room set-up for meetings and events.
- Recording and distributing minutes in a timely manner.
- Ensuring prompt, accurate follow up and management of member requests.
- Initiating discussion to determine the need for a Board Summit or other strategic planning session annually; coordinating activity with the GPEC team, as needed, to plan and implement based on direction from the Board and President & CEO.
- Scheduling Board Orientation meetings with new members and the President & CEO; preparing handouts/packets and inviting other GPEC staff, as needed.
Serve as primary liaison for the Board’s Nominating and Performance Committee meetings by:
- Scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, coordinating required handouts with GPEC staff, preparing, and distributing pre-reads one week before the meeting date, and recording and distributing minutes in a timely manner.
- Coordinating the overall process for the Nominating Committee, ensuring nomination forms are submitted by the deadline.
- Providing assistance for other Board committees, as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date information on Board members in the GPEC CRM.
Work with the Chief of Staff to enhance Board planning and engagement by:
- Initiating an assessment of Board members to identify available seats and help ensure strategic representation on GPEC’s Board; preparing and sending the letters to Mayors and others entitled to appoint directors per GPEC’s Bylaws, and following up, as needed, for timely responses.
- Coordinating calendar planning to ensure the President & CEO meets his obligations for face-to-face meetings with key stakeholders, investors, and Board members.
- Discussing and shaping Board Meeting content to increase integration with GPEC strategies and add value for participants.
- Requesting dates from appropriate GPEC staff for meetings and events that will require Board-member participation; notifying Board members to maximize participation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits
- 3+years related experience.
- Proficient computer skills; CRM experience required, preferably in Salesforce.
- Ability to develop and maintain significant relationships with high-level stakeholders.
- Ability to be intuitive, flexible, and continuously assess and deliver on changing priorities.
- Must support the organizations values and culture.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary range is dependent on experience & offers a full range of benefits. Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 170 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology- focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 31 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 850 companies, creating more than 154,000 jobs and $20.4 billion in capital investment. Browse our website or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube to learn more about our organization and mission.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social, or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.