Marketing & Communication (MarComm) / Design Internship
Open Date: 09/13/2022
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is seeking a MarComm / Design Intern to join our internal MarComm team. This position will report to the Art Director. The MarComm/Design Intern will be responsible for assisting the MarComm team with GPEC’s internal and external marketing and communications strategy — encompassing a variety of functions as further itemized below.
The MarComm/Design internship responsibilities may include:
- Developing content for marketing materials
- Helping to coordinate and assist with day-of-preparations for a variety of events
- Pitching and creating content for the blog, podcast and various social channels
- Assisting with capturing and analyzation of department metrics
- Supporting with writing press releases and other public relations activities as assigned
- Researching and compiling news stories relevant to GPEC’s mission
- Utilizing content management system to update websites/microsites (training provided)
- Monitoring and interacting with social media channels
- Edit existing design files within Adobe InDesign and creating new layouts based on
pre-established templates (training provided)
Desired Candidate Qualifications
Undergraduate juniors and seniors with some previous work or internship experience preferred, but any interested applicants will be considered. Candidates studying any major are encouraged to apply; however, individuals concentrating in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design or related fields are most successful.
Candidate qualifications include:
- Knowledge of social media platforms and content production apps (ex. Spark, Canva, etc.)
- Strong writing skills, knowledge of AP Style
- A basic knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to tackle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Have special interest in marketing, communications and/or media relations
Hourly wage begins at $13.50 per hour and increases after 6 months. We prefer commitment of 20 hours a week for at least 6 months. We are flexible in accommodating students’ schedules.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential resume to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC), named the top economic development organization (EDO) globally in 2021 by the International Economic Development Council, works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. A data-driven regional EDO, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 190 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate to Greater Phoenix. Over the past 32 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping 895 companies, creating nearly 164,000 jobs and $33.4 billion in capital investment. Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial-focused companies looking to thrive and scale in a vibrant, dynamic region. There is an undeniable spirit about Greater Phoenix; one rooted in strength, collaboration and resilience. Greater Phoenix is Greater Together. For more information about GPEC and how we can assist your businesses, visit www.gpec.org.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.