Marketing & Communications Internship
Open Date: 10/04/2023
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern to join our team. This role reports to the Director of Communications and offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in communications, public relations and marketing within a collaborative organization. You will also gain knowledge of economic development, under a regional partnership model, and interact with both private and public initiatives and organizations in Greater Phoenix.
As the Marketing & Communications Intern, you will assist with a variety of tasks related to GPEC’s external communications, PR and digital content, including presentation deck creation, copywriting and editing, media research, award nominations, newsletters, website content and event support, plus support related functions in project and data management.
- Build event and presentation decks, working across departments to collect and update information and format slides, adhering to GPEC’s brand
- Assist with copywriting projects such as blog posts, messaging documents and content editing
- Research relevant media for topical pitches that support GPEC’s strategy, brand and position as a leading economic development organization
- Identify award opportunities, organize applications and collect corresponding submission information
- Support website management by updating content as requested and publishing and scheduling blogs and press releases
- Assist the team with project management, monitoring and organizing incoming marketing requests within PM system
- Assist in data upkeep by monitoring duplicate contact alerts within marketing automation platform, ensuring data accuracy and communication preference adherence for key contacts
- Assist with day-of preparations for GPEC events
Desired Candidate Qualifications
We encourage graduates or undergraduate juniors/seniors studying marketing, communications, public relations, or related fields to apply. While previous work or internship experience is preferred, we consider all interested applicants. Ideal candidate qualifications include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong writing skills, including knowledge of AP Style, copywriting best practices, and SEO keyword strategies
- Keen attention to detail and track record of organizing projects and executing high caliber work
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- Strong collaboration skills; highly motivated to work in a team environment
- Experience in Canva is preferred; Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Mac OS interface
- Basic understanding of project management and contact management systems
The hourly wage begins at $15 per hour, and the minimum commitment is 20 hours per week for at least six months.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC), globally recognized as a top economic development organization (EDO), works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. A data-driven regional EDO, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 200 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate to Greater Phoenix. Over the past 34 years, GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping over 980 companies, creating nearly 182,000 jobs and more than $65 billion in capital investment. Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial-focused companies looking to thrive and scale in a vibrant, dynamic region. There is an undeniable spirit about Greater Phoenix; one rooted in strength, collaboration and resilience. Greater Phoenix is Greater Together.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family.
- We lead from the front.
- We are change agents.
- We promote intellectual curiosity.
- We remain on the edge.
- We are agile and adapt to change.
- We are tenacious.
- We are committed to selfless service.
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.