Open Date: 11/07/2023
GPEC is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to support an exciting new project focused on building a strong ecosystem of medical devices manufacturing in Greater Phoenix. This position is funded through an 18-months Tech Hubs Strategy Development grant GPEC received from the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration. The project will run through April 2025 and there is a possibility of extending the position beyond the end of the grant period. The position will report to the project manager and Senior Vice President of Regional Initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct communication with project team, partners, and stakeholders to facilitate efficient and effective coordination.
- Compile and maintain documentation of project activities and milestones, including meeting notes, work products, and other relevant information.
- Coordinate meetings, events, and best practice trips.
- Conduct desk-top research as needed to support project coordination and as directed by project manager.
- Produce memos and briefing documents/slide decks as needed.
- Other project support responsibilities as required.
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits
- AA or BA degree or previous 2-3 years of work experience in a similar position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer and file management skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve minor issues without assistance.
- Community-oriented mindset and positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn and engage with new ideas and concepts.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Candidates must be able to work in-office with some flex time available as needed.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Our mission is to attract and grow quality businesses, and advocate for Greater Phoenix’s competitiveness. Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 200 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 34 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 980 companies, creating more than 182,000 jobs and $65 billion in capital investment. For more information about GPEC, visit www.gpec.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.