Open Date: 09/17/2021
The position of Research Analyst reports to the Director of Research and Analytics and will be assisting and performing analytical work related to strategic initiatives, business development and competitiveness programs and policies for GPEC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, collect, organize, and analyze economic data for metropolitan areas, states, and municipalities from various sources.
- Proactively research new data sources and develop new analytical approaches and tools to improve the research team’s analyses and products.
- Develop and support strategies to further business development efforts around exports and foreign direct investment.
- Compile information to make a compelling business case for prospective clients interested in the region.
- Interface with community members to facilitate collection and assembly of relevant information with clients.
- Provide research support and advice to other internal teams to co-develop marketing materials, strategic documents, and other analyses consistent with the organization’s economic development objectives.
- Track latest developments in economic development and innovation policies at the federal, state, local, and international levels.
- Conduct competitive market and industry analyses, including but not limited to emerging industry sectors.
- Monitor and analyze domestic and global macroeconomic trends.
- Develop financial and economic impact modeling and conduct analysis.
- Create data visualizations and maps.
- Participate and contribute to GPEC leadership councils in the areas of international business development, healthcare, and strategic initiatives.
- Write concise and effective briefs, reports, white papers, and presentations.
- Deliver presentations and reports verbally to management and external stakeholders.
- Manage multiple research projects simultaneously without missing delivery deadlines.
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits
- BA/BS degree or higher in economics, business, public policy, geography, urban and regional planning, or related fields is preferred.
- Experience with GIS, Python, R and/or economic and fiscal modeling preferred
- One to three years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Work within a team of both full time staff and interns to complete projects and assure accuracy in reporting.
- Strong familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research design and techniques.
- Highly motivated self-starter who works well independently and with teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with high-level decision-makers.
- Sense of urgency to meet or exceed goals.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Perform assigned duties in dynamic conditions.
- Maintain visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Read, analyze and interpret many forms of data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Perform assigned job duties under constant time pressures.
- Complete tasks at a computer terminal and monitor.
- Effectively communicate with senior management, peers, subordinates and board of directors.
Salary range is dependent on experience & offers a full range of benefits. Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC), named the top economic development organization (EDO) globally in 2021 by the International Economic Development Council, works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. A data-driven regional EDO, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 190 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate to Greater Phoenix. Over the past 32 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping 895 companies, creating nearly 164,000 jobs and $33.4 billion in capital investment. Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial-focused companies looking to thrive and scale in a vibrant, dynamic region. There is an undeniable spirit about Greater Phoenix; one rooted in strength, collaboration and resilience. Greater Phoenix is Greater Together.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social, or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.