Social & Content Coordinator
Open Date: 05/04/2023
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is seeking a social media and content coordinator to join our Marketing and Communications (MarComm) team. This position will report to GPEC’s Art Director and will be responsible for owning social media strategy, content creation, community monitoring and some facets of social advertising. Additionally, this role assists in the creation of various public-facing content, including the distribution and promotion of GPEC’s podcast and video production, and maintains sections of the GPEC website. This position plays a critical role in maintaining GPEC’s digital presence and brand voice and is expected to shape and drive content aligned with brand positioning and annual objectives, while ensuring channel-appropriate strategies.
What you will do
- Lead social media content creation & engagement strategy
- Mange social platforms & engage corresponding vendors
- Generate, edit, publish & share daily original social content
- Create videos & graphics for social media aligned with platform strategies
- Develop new social media campaigns that support overarching narratives & topics of relevance
- Support ad content creation under strategic direction of the Digital Marketing Director
- Own social brand awareness & engagement campaigns on Twitter & Meta
- Manage podcast media kit and episode distribution
- Lead distribution of new feature videos & corresponding marketing components
- Customize soundbites and video clips from existing materials, optimized by platform
- Manage select website sections & maintain needed updates
- Manage blog surveys & corresponding feature strategies
- Build new webpages to support overarching campaigns, as assigned
- Create graphic/visual elements for web content aligned with platform strategies
- Enhance content over time through data-driven optimizations & strategies
- Support creation & distribution of thought leadership articles
Video/Visual Coverage & Events
- Attend relevant GPEC and external events; capture and share related content to highlight the event
- Report on website, social media, paid advertising, and email analytics
- Report on social media metrics, monthly and quarterly, to relevant stakeholders
- Support omnichannel marketing strategies by ensuring digital content alignment across managed platforms
- Build and manage project plans that correspond to duties and collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet deliverables
- Manage assigned internal communication projects
- Exemplify professionalism, effectively collaborate across departments & meet assigned deadlines — working in alignment with GPEC values & company culture
- Develop and deploy innovative and dynamic social strategies
- Use data to make decisions and have a passion for experimentation
- Enhance GPEC’s social & digital presence; execute on assigned KPI’s
- Frequently communicate progress and results to leadership & team
- Acquire a deep understanding of GPEC’s strategic initiatives and apply the objectives within the body of work
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partner organizations and stakeholders
What you will bring
- 3+ years experience in social media and digital marketing, OR related degree with applicable project experience
- Track record of meeting and exceeding KPIs, managing a social community & driving increased engagement across content
- Basic video and audio editing capabilities
- Impeccable project management and organization skills; proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple large projects and facilitate communication and collaboration between internal and external teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; familiarity with AP Style
- Creative problem-solver committed to data-driven strategies
- Strong understanding of social platforms and digital branding strategies
- Understanding of social scheduling and reporting tools
- Solid understanding of the dynamic interactive marketing industry (fundamental marketing principles, UI/UX web design, mobile optimization, marketing analytics, content strategy, etc.) and the ability to “connect-the-dots” across channels and touch points
- Understanding of SEO best practices and implementation strategies
- Hunger to learn with a willingness to push the limits of what has been historically done
Due to the nature of this role, representing and marketing the Greater Phoenix region, applicant must be a Greater Phoenix resident to be considered.
GPEC is currently working in-office with some flexible remote hours
Salary range is dependent on experience and offers a full range of benefits. Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 200 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 33 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping 950 companies, creating more than 174,000 jobs and $36 billion in capital investment.
For more information about GPEC, visit www.gpec.org, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family.
- We lead from the front.
- We are change agents.
- We promote intellectual curiosity.
- We remain on the edge.
- We are agile and adapt to change.
- We are tenacious.
- We are committed to selfless service.
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.