Vice President, International Business Development
Open Date: 09/21/2021
GPEC is actively seeking a Vice President, International Business Development. This position is responsible for sourcing and nurturing GPEC’s Foreign Direct Investment strategies and for delivering GPEC’s core services to the highest standard in line with the GPEC mission to attract and grow quality businesses and to advocate for Greater Phoenix competitiveness.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and oversee GPEC’s Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) strategy including global offices and personnel
- Serve as point of contact for foreign market key multipliers including government officials, trade reps, investment advisory agencies
- Develop and oversee plan execution against new global partnership opportunities in FDI and trade
- Conduct prospect sales mission trips to target markets. Establish time frames, budgets, participation levels for prospect trips according to annual planning calendar
- Plan and participate in trade shows and conference to generate leads and prospects, actively coordinating pre-trip outreach activities, setting up appointments and meetings
- Coordinate planning and logistics relative to hosting client visits and foreign delegations
- Oversee and provide strategic direction for GPEC’s international leadership council (ILC)
- Utilize GPEC’s Market Intelligence Reports and Ambassador Events to support the FDI strategy
- Manage and oversee GPEC’s International team
- Establish regular communication with stakeholders and investing partners highlighting GPEC’s accomplishments and soliciting their feedback
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience
- Strong international economic development experience
- Experience developing new business prospects and managing prospects to a successful completion
- Exceptional organizational and management skills, including the handling of multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of international business, economic development, tax policy, workforce, investment policy and issues
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Dynamic, instinctive leadership traits
- Driven, focused work ethic and strong accountability
- Ability to drive and motivate others
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and work effectively with small teams.
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Availability for frequent international travel
Salary range is dependent on experience & offers a full range of benefits. Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and almost 200 private investors to accomplish its mission, and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 32 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 895 companies, creating more than 163,000 jobs and $33.4 billion in capital investment.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social, or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.