5 things made in Greater Phoenix
Greater Phoenix is quickly becoming a hub for innovation. From microcontrollers to analog semiconductors there are plenty of reasons to be proud of Greater Phoenix’s contributions to the nation.
Here are five known products and companies that are made in Greater Phoenix.
- H.E.R.O.S. Inc. is an industry leader in repairing and overhauling helicopter engines based in Chandler, AZ. Since its founding, H.E.R.O.S. Inc. has specialized in the repair, service and testing of helicopter engines, specifically the Rolls Royce Model 250.
- Microchip Technology is the leading provider of microcontrollers and analog semiconductors based out of Chandler, AZ. Their products are found throughout your home – from your garage-door opener to your espresso machine to your children’s toys.
- Rubberized Asphalt. Charlie McDonald, a Phoenix engineer developed rubberized asphalt that is used for paving the roadways in the Interstate 17 in Phoenix, AZ. This has been recognized for reducing traffic noise and is helping the environment by being low cost and energy efficient.
- WebPT. Headquartered at the Warehouse District in Phoenix, AZ, WebPT provides a web-based electronic medical records for thousands of physical therapists. By building themselves into Phoenix’s extensive medical scene, they have been listed on Inc. Magazines list of the nation’s 5000 fastest-growing companies four consecutive years in a row.
- Garmin is a global leader in satellite navigation selling products for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and sports. They expanded their 60,000 square foot facility in Chandler, AZ.
Greater Phoenix continues to be recognized as a region of success, welcoming new generations of innovative thinkers, bright ideas and tomorrow’s household names.