Business Analyst Internship
Open Date: 10/02/2023
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute weekly scans of business activity to identify lead targets – Training on relevant platforms to be provided.
- QC and upload new leads to GPEC’s CRM system – Salesforce training to be provided.
- Compile data and monitor data quality in GPEC internal CRM system.
- Conduct post-outreach reply sentiment analysis.
- Develop and improve internal reporting capabilities, both automated and manual.
- Gather business insights and update business mobility information for local communities.
- Participate in organizational discussions for future strategic outreach targets.
- Correspond and schedule meetings on behalf of Business Development team for leads and new project opportunities.
- Provide support for clients by collecting and analyzing data on a broad range of topics.
- College students in their junior or senior year.
- Strong academic record.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel skills are highest priority; PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook skills are also required).
- Excellent attention to detail; team player and fast learner.
- Major in data science, economics, public policy, business, finance or related areas
- Experience with Python programming language
- Strong candidates without Python experience will be considered – Basic Python training will be provided
- Previous work experience
What you will get from the internship
- An introduction to the economic development profession
- The ability to have an impact on the Greater Phoenix community by attracting jobs and investment to our region
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, internationally recognized economic development organization
- Learn Salesforce and data visualization platforms for reporting and analysis
- Learn or improve Python skills through ample opportunities to develop and improve scripts
Hourly wage begins at $15 per hour and increases after 6 months. We prefer a commitment of 20 hours a week for at least 6 months. Intern hours are flexible to accommodate school schedules.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 200 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 34 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 980 companies, creating more than 182,000 jobs and $65 billion in capital investment. For more information about GPEC, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.