Investor Engagement & Events Internship
Open Date: 1/22/2023
The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit funded by the 22-member communities, Maricopa and Pinal Counties and the over 200 businesses across Greater Phoenix. This role will work in partnership with the Engagement team to support the 200+ business supporters referred to as investors. This includes investor and community engagement management, meeting prep, communication tracking, database hygiene, event details and logistics, and other duties as needed.
- Supporting investor meetings, events, and communication/information tracking
- Most events/meetings will be during business hours, however, a few may take place after work hours
- Monitoring investor/community engagement by the GPEC team with occasional scheduling assistance
- Supporting investor membership renewals and document management
- Managing the email@example.com email inbox
- Researching company profiles and individual biographies to prepare for meetings
- Maintaining clean investor contact data in Salesforce
- Supporting the execution of investor engagement programs, including pre-event checklist, day-of preparations, managing invitation lists and nametag production, and follow up. Virtual events support as needed
- Assisting with capturing and analyzing department metrics, as assigned
Desired Candidate Qualifications
Recent graduates or undergraduate juniors and seniors with some previous work or internship experience preferred, but any interested applicant will be considered. Candidates studying any major are encouraged to apply, however, individuals concentrating in nonprofit management, fundraising, marketing, communications, event management, public policy, or related fields are typically most successful. Candidate qualifications include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extremely strong organizational skills and attention to detail, common sense, ability to tackle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Strong research capabilities and ability to write concise summaries
- Proactive nature, independent problem solving and takes initiative where needs arise
- Discrete with sensitive information
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM is a plus
- Ability to learn new technology and software
- Experience with event planning and logistics a plus
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Have special interest in nonprofit fundraising, community and public affairs, donor relations, and/or event management
Hourly wage begins at $15 per hour and increases after 6 months. We prefer a commitment of 20 hours a week for at least 6 months. This role reports to the Manager or Investor Engagement and Events.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Our mission is to attract and grow quality businesses, and advocate for Greater Phoenix’s competitiveness.
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 200 private investors to accomplish its mission, and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 33 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping 950 companies, creating more than 174,000 jobs and $36 billion in capital investment. For more information about GPEC, visit www.gpec.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and X.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family.
- We lead from the front.
- We are change agents.
- We promote intellectual curiosity.
- We remain on the edge.
- We are agile and adapt to change.
- We are tenacious.
- We are committed to selfless service.
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.