Research & Analytics Internship
Open date: 6/3/21
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, reviews, compiles and processes data and information on a broad range of topics related to economic development, industry sectors and technology.
- Collects and analyzes data and information. Reviews and organizes relevant data and documents from various sources, including electronic databases, academic journals and government documents. Analyze firm- and industry-level information and develops profiles and summaries.
- Writes summary reports and briefing memos. Assists with drafting and editing concept notes, memos, briefing documents and reports.
- Monitors and summarizes current events and news as they pertain to specific research topics.
- College students in their junior or senior year. Master students preferred.
- Major in economics, public policy, science and technology, business, finance or related areas. Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience desired.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent attention to detail. Team player and fast learner.
Hourly wage begins at $12.75 per hour and increases after 6 months. We prefer commitment of 20 hours a week for at least 6 months.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22-member communities, Maricopa County and more than 160 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 30 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 800 companies, creating more than 144,000 jobs and $16.1 billion in capital investment. For more information about GPEC, visit www.gpec.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.