VP, Business Development
Open Date: 4/21/2021
GPEC is actively seeking a Vice President of Business Development. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Development and is responsible for sourcing and nurturing new business expansion and relocation leads, qualified prospects, and for delivering GPEC’s core services to the highest standard in line with the GPEC mission to attract and grow quality businesses and to advocate for Greater Phoenix competitiveness.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Attract and locate prospective economic development projects leading to job creation in Greater Phoenix.
- Implement and bolster lead and prospect generation and development strategies and tactics in targeted markets and sectors as outlined in annual actional plan.
- Qualify a preset number of new prospects while maintaining tight prospect qualification standards.
- Host clients and handle prospect management, including presentation to executives, coordination of visits and tours, development of compelling business cases and proposal addressing issues or need of the project, while ensuring the effective coordination with Greater Phoenix communities, state government and private sector partners.
- Maintain high levels of customer service satisfaction with prospects, multipliers, investors and communities.
- Expand GPEC’s reach with targeted national site selectors, local brokers, and other sourcing stakeholders.
- Conduct prospect sale mission trips to target markets. Establish time frames, budgets, participation levels for prospect trips according to annual planning calendar.
- Plan and participate in trade shows and conference (within designated industry) to generate leads and prospects, actively coordinating pre-trip outreach activities, setting up appointments and meetings.
- Establish and engage relationships with industry leaders to gain greater insight into the challenges and opportunities as well as seek out ways to participate in key discussions and activities.
- Assist in providing content direction and thought leadership for GPEC leadership councils.
- Serve as the linking pin between GPEC investor base, both private and public, and share up-to-date knowledge of investors and Greater Phoenix area appropriately.
- Strengthen and enhance GPEC’s relationship with public and private partners seeking ways to increase the partner’s perceived value of GPEC’s services.
- Establish regular communication with stakeholders and investing partners highlighting GPEC’s accomplishments and soliciting their feedback.
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience.
- Experience working with industrial, office and emerging technology companies, and understanding of capital markets is preferred.
- Experience developing new business prospects and managing prospects to a successful completion.
- Exceptional organizational and management skills, including the handling of multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of domestic and international business, economic development, tax policy, workforce, investment policy and issues.
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Dynamic, instinctive leadership traits.
- Driven, focused work ethic.
- Strong accountability.
- Ability to drive and motivate others.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through.
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and work effectively with small teams.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Availability for frequent domestic and international travel.
Salary range is dependent on experience & offers a full range of benefits. Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and resume with salary history via email to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Established in 1989, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) actively works to attract and grow quality businesses and advocate for the competitiveness of Greater Phoenix. As the regional economic development organization, GPEC works with 22 member communities, Maricopa County and more than 160 private investors to accomplish its mission and serve as a strategic partner to companies across the world as they expand or relocate. Consistently ranked as a top national economic development organization, GPEC’s approach to connectivity extends beyond the fabric of the community. Known as The Connected Place, Greater Phoenix is in a relentless pursuit of innovative and entrepreneurial technology-focused companies that are committed to changing the game. As a result, over the past 31 years GPEC has fueled the regional economy by helping more than 850 companies, creating more than 154,000 jobs and $20.4 billion in capital investment. For more information about GPEC, visit www.gpec.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- We are an inclusive, diverse family
- We lead from the front
- We are change agents
- We promote intellectual curiosity
- We remain on the edge
- We are agile and adapt to change
- We are tenacious
- We are committed to selfless service
GPEC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.